It starts at the foot of Signal Hill and goes all around the hill up to the top where you can make a break and enjoy the view (icebergs and whales in spring). From here, you go down by another way back to the Battery.
The trail almost starts in downtown St John's (15 min walk from the centre of the city). There is GPS data attached to this trail (see "download GPS"), which if loaded into your GPS can help you find route points.
There are 2 possibilities when you reach the Battery (the signs will help you if you don't know which one to choose):
- go along the Narrows, climb to Cabot Tower, and down or,
- go up by the road to the Geocenter and Cabot Tower, then down and along the base of the hill.
- This is part of the Grand Concourse and not the East Coast Trail.
(a) Click Wiki Edit This Page to get placed in edit mode
(b) When finished, your update is available to view as draft (click wiki update pending in trail to see draft)
* note: editors are notified and must approve the change
Posted By: ECTAManager
- Fri Jun 28 12:35:28 UTC 2013
UpsideNice after work hike if you are in shape should take less than an hour CommentThis is not part of the East Coast Trail and should not be compare to the ECT.