- This is a classic, but moderate, coastal mountain climb with stellar views, few hazards and straight-forward access that is easily done as a day trip, or can be done over 2 days with a camp at Wedgemount Lake.
- Follow well marked, albeit steep, trail from parking lot at ~ 2,500' elev. to Wedgemount Lake hut at ~ 6,200' - 3 hrs;
- Traverse along North side of Wedgemount Lake (north winter spring avy hazard from above off Mt. Weart) to toe of Wedgemont Glacier;
- Ascend Wedgemount Glacier bearing left to Wedge/Weart col;
- Traverse along North-East arete to summit - total 5 1/2 hrs from Wedgemount Lake hut.
Take Hwy 99 11.5 km north of Whistler. The turnoff is well marked on your right. You'll cross the BC Rail tracks and Green River. The road goes left after the river. At the next fork go right, and then left again on a logging road. The parking lot and trailhead are at the end of this road, about 2 km from the highway.
(a) Click Wiki Edit This Page to get placed in edit mode
(b) When finished, your update is available to view as draft (click wiki update pending in trail to see draft)
* note: editors are notified and must approve the change